Wednesday, December 28, 2016

New Album: Fate!


Yes, Fate is finally here! You can hear what it sounds like using the player above, or go to this link:

This album took the longest by far, mostly because I've been very busy with other projects. However, somehow, it got done! And now, some statistics for you...

This is my thirteenth Epic Trax album overall, and the third album in SERIES 2.
 Fate is 38 minutes long, which makes it the second-longest Epic Trax album (the first being Crown).
The combined length of all the Epic Trax albums is 6 hours and 53 minutes.
The total number of tracks is 167.

I won't pretend all of those tracks are good — or most of them, really. But that's still pretty impressive. So, what now? Will there be another Epic Trax album?

The answer is yes, although it will take more time than usual, like this one did. Making these albums helps me grow as a composer and keeps my skills sharp for soundtrack commissions. There is a downside, though, which is that these tracks tend to take a very predictable format. The way I compose them is basically in sections, completing one section of the song and then moving to the next section. That's always how I've worked. With the next album, I want to try composing more horizontally, which should be interesting.
As usual, I can't give a deadline, but it'll be along soon.

Thanks for listening,
– Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment